If you’re looking to add a touch of minimalist style to your home, mid century living room design is the way to go. This timeless look has been making a comeback in recent years, and for good reason – it’s chic and comfortable! In this article, we’ll show you how to create a living room that will stand the test of time.
What is mid-century design and why is it so popular right now?
Mid-century modern design is a minimalist style that was popularized in the mid-20th century. It features simple lines and geometric shapes, as well as natural materials like wood and metal. Mid-century modern furniture is often characterized by its tapered legs and minimalist curves.
One of the reasons mid-century modern design is so popular right now is because it’s minimalist. People are drawn to minimalist styles, which can make any space feel bigger and more open. Minimalist furniture also tends to be affordable – you don’t have to pay top dollar for a minimalist chair or table!
Mid-century modern design is timeless, so if you invest in mid-century modern furniture now it will still be in style 50 years down the line! It’s also versatile: mid-century modern furniture can fit into any room and work with almost any decorating scheme.
The minimalist nature of the mid-century modern design means that it goes well with other minimalist styles like Scandinavian or industrial. If you’re looking to create a minimalist home, adding some mid-century modern furniture is a great way to do it!
So if you’re looking for a chic and comfortable style that will never go out of fashion, mid century modern living room design is the way to go.
How to get the modern mid century look in your living room
There are a few key pieces of furniture you need to create a stylish living room:
- Sofa or couch. Mid-century modern sofas often have minimalist curves and tapered legs. Look for a sofa with low arms and a tight back – this is key to achieving the mid-century look.
- Chair. A comfortable mid-century modern chair is another key piece for your minimalist living room. Look for a curved back and tapered legs – this will help you achieve the minimalist mid-century look!
- Coffee table. The coffee table can make or break your minimalist mid-century modern living room design, so choose wisely! A round wood coffee table with tapered legs would be perfect or go for a minimalist metal coffee table.
- TV stand. If you’re using your living room as a home cinema, you’ll need a stylish TV stand to hold your screen. Look for something with minimalist lines and curves to match the rest of your furniture.
Once you’ve got these key pieces, it’s time to start accessorizing! Add a few mid-century modern accessories to complete the look:
- A minimalist clock.
- A vase or sculpture made of natural materials like wood or metal.
- A low coffee table bookcase to store your books and magazines.
Stylish mid-century furniture for your living room
Now that you know how to create a good-looking mid-century living room design, it’s time to start shopping for furniture! Here are some of our favorite pieces to get the look:
- Sofa. The Hana sofa is perfect for achieving the minimalist mid-century look. With its low arms and tight back, this sofa will help you to create a minimalist modern living room.
- Accent Chairs. The minimalist lines of the Geiger Chair make it perfect for your minimalistliving room design.
- Egg Chairs. The egg chair is a classic piece of mid-century modern furniture, and for good reason – it’s comfortable and stylish!
- Coffee Table. The minimalist lines of the Corbusier Coffee Table make it perfect for your minimalist mid century modern living room.
- TV Stand. The minimalist lines of the minimalist mid-century modern TV stand make it perfect for your space.
- Side Tables. A minimalist side table is the perfect finishing touch for your minimalist mid-century modern living room.
A good place to start shopping for reasonably priced furniture is Wayfair.
Accessories that will give your living room a modern vibe
In the first place, once you’ve got the furniture sorted, it’s time to start accessorizing! Here are a few accessories that will help to give your living room a minimalist mid-century modern vibe:
- Minimalist clock. A minimalist clock is the perfect finishing touch for your dream living room.
- Vase or sculpture made of natural materials like wood or metal.
- Low coffee table bookcase to store your books and magazines.
- Area rug. A minimalist area rug is a perfect way to add a touch of color and style to your perfect and stylish living room.
- Curtains. A set of curtains will help to complete the look of your mid century living room.
Examples of living rooms designs to inspire you
In addition to that you know all about creating a minimalist mid-century modern living room, it’s also time to take a look at some inspiring examples! Here are our favorite minimalist mid-century modern living rooms to get you started:
Explore all living room design ideas.