The window seat is a great place to curl up with a good book or movie. It’s also a great space to get creative and transform your old chair into something new.
- Remove the old fabric from the chair frame. If you are going to re-use the fabric, make sure it is clean before proceeding.
- Measure and cut new fabric to size, leaving an extra inch or two on all sides for seam allowance.
- Spread out the fabric and lay it on top of your chair frame with the right side facing up (the side you want showing). Center it over the frame and pin in place using straight pins.
- Sew around all four edges of the fabric with a zigzag stitch, making sure not to catch any of your
Reupholster a chair with an old blanket and pillows.
I’m going to show you how to make a cozy window seat for your home. It’s perfect for reading, catching up on TV, or just relaxing with a friend.
- A chair that needs reupholstering (or an old chair)
- Fabric or vinyl
- Spray adhesive
- Sewing machine and thread
- Pins and a fabric marker